Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

R.I.P.D.

R.I.P.D.

(Rest in Peace Department)







Rated: 2 Fangs
Seen on: Redbox

RIPD had a novel concept, lawmen die and are then recruited into the heavenly police force to try to contain Deadohs (souls that refuse to go up for judgement) I went into the movie with an open mind. I really tried to like this movie a lot more than I did. It just didn't do anything for me. Jeff Bridges was excellent playing his over the top 1800s lawman, but like he does in every movie I see him in, Ryan Reynolds stinks it up. I don't know what it is with him, but its like he plays the same character in every movie, He seems to have no range in the active department. Sure he is a hunk and eye candy and whatever, but he never disrobed in the movie, so his female fans get nothing. It's Van Wilder the dead cop. Reynolds in not a good actor, his best role was Van Wilder, where I am pretty sure he just acted like himself. Even Mary Luise Parker who played a straight edge emotionless bureaucrat did a better acting job. If you love Reynolds then this movie will be for you, but if you are like me the movie will leave you a bit dissapointed. It did have that MIB buddy cop feel to it, but the Will Smith part was sadly under cast. It could have been better, maybe if the job had been given to someone else it would have been a better flick.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Blood Flow - Template by Blogger Sablonlari